Like humans, the weight of your pet can fluctuate. Here at The Vets, we want to help you keep your pet as fit and healthy as we possibly can.
Having an overweight pet can lead them to have:-
- Mobility disorders
- Exercise intolerance
- Liver disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Greater surgical and anaesthetic risk
- Heat intolerance
- Poor coat and skin condition
- Lower resistance to infectious diseases
- Overall reduced life expectancy
We offer a free of charge, nurse weight clinic.
Key features of this will include
- Help to achieve a safe, healthy weight
- Balance intake of protein, vitamins and minerals
- Monthly weight checks
- Body condition score
- Before and after photos
- Exercise programme
If you have any concerns as to whether your pet is under or over weight, please call us.